S U B M I S S I O N
ABLE MUSE PRESS GENERAL READING PERIOD IS CURRENTLY OPEN!
(You may submit unsolicited manuscripts from May 1, 2021 to July 15, 2021)
Able Muse Press Manuscript Submission Guidelines
•(Query before submitting other genres)
- May 1 to July 15, yearly
- Preferred submission method is our online entry form—
- DO NOT type or copy and paste your manuscript in the poem text box. Rather, upload your submission file(s) from the upload field (accepted formats are: Text, RTF, Word, Wordperfect, PDF, HTML).
- Combine your submission into a SINGLE file only. (Do NOT send multiple files per submission!)
- GO HERE to submit.
- Second favorite entry method is via e-mail—
- Again, do not type your submission in the body of the email. Rather, attach your submission file to the email (accepted formats are: Text, RTF, Word, Wordperfect, PDF, HTML).
- The subject of the email should be: "<Your Name>: Manuscript Submission - <Type of Manuscript>
- Second choice submission method: Email your entry to email@example.com .
- We don't publish chapbooks, so we need at least book-length manuscripts -- not counting front matter and backmatter, at least 50 pages for poetry, at least 100 pages for fiction and nonfiction). There's no maximum.
- For now, we do NOT accept snail-mailed, unsolicited hardcopy manuscripts—any such submission will be discarded unread, and will not be acknowledged!
- Simultaneous submissions accepted as long as we're immediately notified if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- There's NO reading fee.
- We respond within 9 months or so.
- Do not submit unsolicited manuscripts when our general reading period is closed: they will be returned to you unopened.