S U B M I S S I O N
ABLE MUSE PRESS GENERAL READING PERIOD IS
(It reopens May 1, 2024, and runs to July 15, 2024 — you may only submit unsolicited manuscripts within that timeframe. Any manuscript received outside that timeframe will be declined unread)
Able Muse Press Manuscript Submission Guidelines
•(Query before submitting other genres)
- May 1 to July 15, yearly
- Preferred submission method is our online entry form—
- DO NOT type or copy and paste your manuscript in the poem text box. Rather, upload your submission file(s) from the upload field (accepted formats are: Text, RTF, Word, Wordperfect, PDF, HTML).
- Combine your submission into a SINGLE file only. (Do NOT send multiple files per submission!)
- GO HERE to submit.
- Second favorite entry method is via e-mail—
- Again, do not type your submission in the body of the email. Rather, attach your submission file to the email (accepted formats are: Text, RTF, Word, Wordperfect, PDF, HTML).
- The subject of the email should be: "<Your Name>: Manuscript Submission - <Type of Manuscript>
- Second choice submission method: Email your entry to email@example.com .
- We don't publish chapbooks, so we need at least book-length manuscripts -- not counting front matter and backmatter, at least 50 pages for poetry, at least 100 pages for fiction and nonfiction). There's no maximum.
- For now, we do NOT accept snail-mailed, unsolicited hardcopy manuscripts—any such submission will be discarded unread, and will not be acknowledged!
- Simultaneous submissions accepted as long as we're immediately notified if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- There's NO reading fee.
- We respond within 9 months or so.
- Do not submit unsolicited manuscripts when our general reading period is closed: they will be returned to you unopened.